Head of Energy and Power Systems
As the Head of Energy and Power Systems you will be instrumental in ensuring technological advances at Horizon Aircraft by guiding the design and development of all energy and electrical systems on the Aircraft. Applicants for this multi-disciplinary role must naturally have an enthusiasm for new technology, whilst working effectively to meet program goals and deadlines.
- Technological Strategy towards creating the entire electrical system on board the Aircraft. Covering: Power Generation, Electrical Distribution and Electrical Interconnection Systems.
- Create a next generation electrical system.
- Partnerships: Identify and establish strategic partnerships with external organizations, research institutions, and industry experts to leverage expertise, enhance knowledge sharing, and support collaborative research and development efforts.
- Regulatory Compliance: Remain fully up to speed with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Industry analysis and competitor analysis: Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies, providing insights and recommendations to the executive leadership team.
- Plan and build a robust hiring strategy.
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years) in a senior engineering or technology leadership role within the aerospace industry.
- Full life cycle experience at product level, ideally having been a part of at least 1 aerospace program from conception to production and certification.
- Proven ability to develop and execute technology strategies that align with business objectives, driving innovation and competitive advantage.
- Strong leadership abilities, with a track record of leading high-performing technical teams. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related technical field is preferred.
- Established professional network within the aerospace industry.
- Extensive understanding of Aerospace regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capability to evaluate complex technical challenges and provide effective solutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with employees and external suppliers.
At Horizon, we believe that a culture of respect and inclusion is the road to creativity, innovation, understanding and success. The machines we build do not discriminate: nor do we.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resumé, outlining why you are the right fit for us, and we will contact you for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org