Chief Technology Officer
We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead our drive for technological innovation at Horizon Aircraft, and oversee the development and implementation of the company technical roadmap. The role is highly multi-disciplinary, demands a passion for new technology, and the ability to work in a lean manner to achieve program objectives.
- Technological Strategy Development: Develop and execute a comprehensive technological strategy aligned with the company’s goals.
- Develop a strategy that aligns with the company’s objectives, outlining key milestones, timelines, and resource requirements for the development, certification and production of prototype aircraft.
- Partnerships: Identify and establish strategic partnerships with external organizations, research institutions, and industry experts to leverage expertise, enhance knowledge sharing, and support collaborative research and development efforts.
- Regulatory Compliance: Remain fully up to speed with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Industry analysis and competitor analysis: Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies, providing insights and recommendations to the executive leadership team for business strategy.
- Lead all major technical departments and teams.
- Demonstrated experience (20+ years) in a senior engineering or technology leadership role within the aerospace industry.
- Full life cycle experience at product level, ideally having been a part of at least 1 aerospace program from conception to production and certification.
- Proven ability to develop and execute technology strategies that align with business objectives, driving innovation and competitive advantage.
- Strong leadership abilities, with a track record of leading high-performing technical teams. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related technical field is preferred.
- Established professional network within the aerospace industry.
- Extensive understanding of Aerospace regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capability to evaluate complex technical challenges and provide effective solutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with employees, fellow C-suite members, Board members, and customers.
At Horizon, we believe that a culture of respect and inclusion is the road to creativity, innovation, understanding and success. The machines we build do not discriminate: nor do we.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resumé, outlining why you are the right fit for us, and we will contact you for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org